Difference between revisions of "Minhaj Internet Bureau"
|Line 261:||Line 261:|
[[ur:منہاج انٹرنیٹ بیورو]]
[[ur:منہاج انٹرنیٹ بیورو]]
Latest revision as of 05:55, 26 October 2013
- 1 Objects
- 2 Historical background
- 3 Departments
- 4 Staff
- 5 Step by Step
- 6 See More
- 7 References
Minhaj-ul-Quran International is working on sound footings for propagation of Islamic teachings at a wider level and protection of faith of the young generations along scientific lines. In order to achieve this purpose, all the offices located within the central secretariat of MQI have been connected to one another through a state of the art computer network aimed at enabling them to benefit from the modern information technology on the one hand. Minhaj Internet Bureau (MIB) was set up, on the other hand, with a view to addressing apprehensions, misperceptions and misunderstandings about Islam globally, promote real and original teachings of Islam and knit the diverse Muslim communities in a single unified whole.
MIB seeks to attain a leading role for MQI in the cyber world as promoter of interfaith dialogue, harmony and peace. The Bureau continues to work with utmost dedication to allay misperceptions about Islam by apprising the world about real Islamic teachings. Various websites, developed and published online by MIB, are the examples of the Bureau’s work. These sites owned by MQI are found to be reliable and authentic source of information and hence grouped into leading category.
1994 to 1996 - The central organizational website of MQI namely www.minhaj.org emerged online under the supervision of Mudassar Islam (Holland) between 1994 and 96. It was the time when even the educated class was not much aware of internet and its usage.
1996 to 2003 - A self-contained department, meant to propagate and highlight the MQI’s services and contributions in the realm of peace, interfaith harmony, dialogue and peaceful coexistence among various communities, came into being by the name of Minhaj Internet Bureau. Thus www.minhaj.org had the unique honour of being the first website officially launched by any organization in Pakistan.
2003 to date - MIB launched a new number of websites and kept on updating www.minhaj.org in accordance with the latest technological advances despite limited manpower and resources. These websites have immense new features and services for the web users. This initiative not only enabled people to familiarize themselves with the real Islamic teachings but also added hundreds of thousands of internet users on monthly basis, which is not less than an honour for any website.
Functions and tasks performed by MIB have been divided into a number of sub-sectors/departments for efficient service delivery and improved management and performance.
Department of Planning & Supervision
The planning and supervision of all projects of MIB is the responsibility of this department. Moreover, coordination with lower departments and distance volunteers falls within its domain. It also takes care of donation and advertisement related matters.
Department of Web Development
Development of all central websites takes place locally and all phases of programming are completed under the direction supervision of this department. Various softwares are also designed by this department in accordance with the needs of the Bureau. See the list of central website for more information.
Department of Web Designing
Designing of layouts of all websites and graphics is undertaken at this department. In addition to this, designing of various advertisements to be posted on social media is also carried out here.
Department of Web Updating
This department of MIB is responsible for regularly updating the following material on the main websites.
Department of Social Media
In addition to managing regular updates on official accounts of MQI and Shaykh-ul-Islam on all social media including Twitter  and Facebook , this department holds practical workshops for training of volunteers.
View the list of social media contacts for further information.
Department of Server Management
This department is responsible for backup and maintenance of domain accounts, hosting server, and email accounts.
Department of I.T Support
This department looks after the efficient working of hundreds of computer systems in various offices of central secretariat and is responsible for their installation, troubleshooting, networking and provision of internet. It also conducts training programmes for the staff from time to time to update their computing skills etc. It also provides technical support to Minhaj TV for arrangement of video conferencing and scholar online program.
|Present staff members||Former contributors||Remote contributors|
Step by Step
- 1994 - minhaj.org, the organizational web site of MQI, came into being for the first time under the supervision of Mudassar Islam.
- August 14, 2001 - Minhajbooks.com was launched in FMRi for online publication of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri’s books.
- October 2, 2001 - Shaykh-ul-Islam conferred a shield to AbdulSattar Minhajian (research scholar) on designing excellent web site of the Minhajians.
- October 24, 2002 - AbdulSattar Minhajian (research scholar) got a shield from Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri on quality designing of Minhaj books and monthly Minhaj-ul-Quran magazine.
- February 19, 2003 - Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri inaugurated the first multimedia web site of MQI.
- February 19, 2006 - Dr Hassan Mohi-ud-Din Qadri and Sahibzada Hammad Mustafa Qadri jointly inaugurated Urdu web site of Irfan-ul-Quran.
- December 4, 2006 - Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri declared gold medal for Sajid Fayyaz, vice president of Minhaj Youth League (France), on distance technical assistance. 
- October 16, 2007 - MIB team was awarded a distinction shield in the Itikaf City due to excellent online coverage of MQI.
- April 28, 2009 - Certificate awarding ceremony among the staff of central secretariat on completion of computer training course.
- May 25, 2009 - MinhajBooks.com was made available online with new version and addition of new books.
- August 6, 2009 - New version of web site of Minhaj Welfare Foundation (MWF) equipped with modern facilities was launched on the blessed occasion of Shab-e-Barat.
- August 6, 2009 - The speech of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri was broadcast through video conferencing from UK for the first time on the occasion of Shab-e-Barat.
- September 20, 2009 - The keynote addresses of Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir-ul-Qadri were telecast live from Canada through video conferencing during Itikaf.
- December 22, 2009 - ELearning department was established for online education of a number of courses including Irfan-ul-Quran course under the banner of COSIS.
- February 19, 2010 - New version of deenislam.com, multimedia web site of MQI, was launched equipped with new facilities.
- February 14, 2011 - New web site of elearning department was launched after addition of new facilities.
- February 19, 2011 - Web site of fatwa online was inaugurated with the help of Farid-e-Millat Research Institute (FMRi).
- February 23, 2011 - The web site of world graduates of Al-Azhar University Pakistan was launched in Urdu, English and Arabic language simultaneously.
- March 25, 2011 - Faiz-ur-Rehman Durrani inaugurated the new web site of Pakistan Awami Tehreek during CWC meeting of MQI.
- April 16, 2011 - New version of web site of Minhaj-ul-Quran Women League was inaugurated simultaneously in Urdu and English languages.
- April 21, 2011 - New web site of Directorate of Interfaith Relations was launched simultaneously in Urdu and English languages.
- July 29, 2011 - New version of web site of Itikaf City was launched in Urdu and English languages simultaneously.
- March 5, 2012 - New web site of Minhaj Education Society was launched in Urdu and English languages.
- October 25, 2012 - A ceremony was held to celebrate the one hundred thousand hits of like option on the official face book page of Shaykh-ul-Islam.
- July 31 to August 31, 2013 - 9-day training workshop was held for training of social media volunteers.
- September 4, 2013 - New web site of Muslim-Christian Dialogue Forum (MCDF) was launched in English and Urdu languages.
- List of Web Sites by Minhaj Internet Bureau
- List of Web Sites from Abroad Pakistan
- List of Social Media Links
- News & Activities from Markaz
- News & Activities from Abroad pakistan
- Newspapper Cuttings
- Press Release
- Irfan-ul-Quran (English & Urdu)
- Speeches by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad tahir-ul-Qadri
- Books by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad tahir-ul-Qadri
- Monthly Minhaj-ul-Quran
- Monthly Dukhtran-e-Islam
- Monthly Newsletter
- Official Account of Dr TahirulQadri on Twitter
- Official Account of Dr TahirulQadri on Facebook
- Announcement of gold medal on technical assistance of Sheikh Sajid Fayyaz